Our aim is to ensure that:
- A patient will be able to obtain a routine appointment with a Health Care Professional (a Nurse or Doctor depending on who is available) on the first normal working day (Monday to Friday inclusive) after the request for an appointment is made.
- A patient will be able to obtain a routine appointment with a Doctor on the second normal working day (Monday to Friday inclusive) after the request for an appointment is made
- Anyone requesting an urgent appointment will be seen by a Doctor on the day the request is made.
- Anyone requesting an urgent appointment for a child will be seen by a Doctor during the next available surgery session.
- Where one of our Doctors decides that the opinion of a Specialist is needed in respect of of a patient, the letter asking for the opinion of the specialist will be sent within three working days for routine appointments and within 24 hours for urgent appointments.
- Repeat prescriptions will be ready for collection 24 hours after they are requested.
- Patients on long term medication will be given an appointment to discuss their long term treatment at least annually.
- A Doctor or Nurse is available to talk to patients on the telephone at certain times i.e. from 11:00 to 11:30, from 13:30 to 14:00 and from 17:00 to 17:30. Outside of these times a Doctor will return a patient’s call as soon as possible.